The Gaia-X Lab is a development team under the Gaia-X CTO office.
The latest version of this page is available here.
The missions of the Gaia-X Lab are to:
- write prototypes to technically validate functional and technical hypothesis made by the Gaia-X Working Groups, when working on the Gaia-X specifications.
- demonstrate working prototypes.
- accelerate the development of external OpenSource Software (OSS) project.
- identify missing functional components in the Gaia-X Specifications
- The results of the prototyping activities are shared with the Gaia-X Working Groups and the Gaia-X Lighthouses projects for their own considerations.
- The Gaia-X Lab doesn’t contribute to the Gaia-X specs.
- The Gaia-X Lab doesn’t release any official Gaia-X deliverables.
- All working activities are publicly done in the current repository.
Our backlog is available here https://gaia-x.atlassian.net/browse/LAB.
What happens to the prototyping code ?
The result of the prototyping work is always shared with the Gaia-X Working Groups.
- If the prototype is unsuccessful, the git repository is archived.
- If the prototype is successful:
|Accelerator = the prototype is a feature of an existing OSS project.||It’s contributed back to the OSS project.|
|Filler = the prototype identified a missing Gaia-X Component.||It’s released as a new OSS project under the Eclipse Foundation.1|
|Demo = the prototype showcases a workflow for educational purpose||It’s released as a new OSS project under the Gaia-X OSS rules.|
What licenses are used ?
All Gaia-X Lab projects follow the Gaia-X OSS rules. The license is either Apache-2.0 or EPL-2.0.
How can I contact the Gaia-X Lab ?
The preferred contact point with the Gaia-X Lab team is the current repository. Please open ticket and merge-request for questions and improvements.
Can and How can I contribute ?
Everyone, member and non-member are welcomed to send merge-request for review by the Gaia-X Lab team.
How can I join the Gaia-X Lab team ?
You can also directly contribute via this repository by opening tickets and submitting merge-requests.
Happy Coding !
Gaia-X Lab team