- Request from the Board to have a vice-lead for the TC
- Pierre proposed Klaus and the Board accepted his nomination
- Klaus thanks and highlights that he wants to help in making the Gaia-X challenge happen
- Major goals from Klaus’ point of view in the short term: bring together Committees with Lighthouse projects and ensure to have a better description of what is being done within the project
Code contributions to Gaia-X
- Cristina presents her analysis on the topic of how to deal with requests for code contributions/donation of code from member and non-members. The situation, the challenges and some alternatives are presented (see the slides here https://community.gaia-x.eu/f/15650841 )
- The participants agree on the fact that the topic is in scope for the TC
- The existing contributions and the interaction between components/interoperability are two aspects to be considered
- A proper framework for everything has to be found
- A good definition of core Federation Services is needed
- The specifications are not static, while the whole set of Gaia-X deliverables should remain consistent
- Need to define a process to deal with the topic and take decisions – the TC weekly meeting is not enough
- Need to keep alignment with internal IP rules
- Discussion on weather a sub-WG dedicated to this topic is needed or not. In a sub-WG, also people external to the TC could be involved. Furthermore, the TC is a decision body – the activities are done by the groups. On the other hand, the TC is agreeing to take this responsibility and the creation of a sub-WG might be a slower solution/not needed.
After discussion, it is decided that a follow-up meeting involving Cristina, Pierre and Klaus will be organised, a about the solution to be proposed to implement the proper process.
Cristina will translate the slides to markdown and will elaborate them further a bit. This work/discussion on the process to be implemented will be transferred to GitLab to ensure transparency
Proposed vote on the termination of the sub-WG Self-Description Lifecycle
- It is proposed to vote at the next TC on the termination of the Self-Description Lifecycle sub-WG, since it has fulfilled its mission.
- The participants agree on the proposal, and Philipp informs that for the participants in the sub-WG would be ok to close is, since the missing discussions can be addressed in GitLab without the need for a dedicated group.
- Andreas asks to have this kind of information more in advance, in the future, and highlights the importance to allow in any case the experts to review the work
- About the Self-Description Model, https://gitlab.com/gaia-x/technical-committee/federation-services/self-description-model/-/tree/main/docs , it is specified by Pierre that it is derived from MR#42 submitted by Anja and Christoph about the format of SD. The work is still in a too preliminary phase to be discussed, but after some progress is made it will be submitted to review by the FS WG and by the TC
WGs updates and sync
- Klaus presents the preliminary work he did/basis for discussion about a more structured presentation of Gaia-X deliverables
- Klaus proposes to have as a delivery for the TC the maintenance of an updated view of deliverables – reference list of deliverables and associated WGs, in order to have and provide a consistent view
- Pierre highlights that it would be important first to decide what are the mandatory and the optional specifications, in order to plan a release only for the mandatory ones.
- Klaus will make a proposal to the next TC meeting and will solicit input from all the TC participants