- The Gaia-X Lab will be terminated by the summer, having reached its goals, and as planned originally (6-months contract)
- A new version of the Trust Framework has been prepared and it is ready for approval by the PRC and BoD
- Positive meeting between FIWARE, IDSA, Alastria and Gaia-X CTOs. A cooperation plan related to the Catalog (FIWARE), Data negotiation (IDSA), Identity and web wallet (Gaia-X IAM group, Alastria) topics has been developed.
- The MR 42 submitted by Anja Strunk/Service Characteristics WG is very relevant and should be published in a deliverable – maybe GXFS Toolbox (to be checked)
Sprint Planning Team meeting – update
- First meeting on 29 June
- Cross-WG alignment on requirements and discussion with the originator of the requirement
- Grooming session together with the Lighthouse project to increase understanding of current Gaia-X deliverables, improve clarity and quality of requirements
- The overall Requirement to Product process includes an alignment between the various Committees, so it is expected to improve quality and facilitate coherence between deliverables
- About the relationship between the requirements in Jira and the work in GitLab, a link will be made from both parts and the work on the requirements could generate the need to make changes to the deliverables.
- A proposal regarding the role of the DSBC WG Technical in supporting the Requirements to Product process is presented. The group proposes to do a quality check/improve the quality of requirements/support the scalability of the process (see https://community.gaia-x.eu/f/15624379 )
WGs Update & Sync
- The process of cooperation between the WG Service Characteristics/related Sub-WG Infrastructure Service Characteristics and the WG Compliance needs to be further analysed and discussed since issues are reported both at the technical/GitLab level and in terms of slowing down the work done by the WG Service Characteristics. A dedicated meeting with all the relevant stakeholders will be organised. It’s important to remember that, even if the process may appear complex, the competencies responsibilities and work of the two groups must be kept in close alignment, to reach the overall goal to provide “operational” compliance.
- WG Service Characteristics update
* SvCh MR! 42 is of interest to whole TC: standard VP/VC/claims format for use in Gaia-X. The W3C specs leave too much room for interpretation. 42 is the answer. See https://gitlab.com/gaia-x/technical-committee/service-characteristics/-/merge_requests/42
* WG leads have reviewed new mission document (https://gitlab.com/gaia-x/technical-committee/operational-handbook/-/merge_requests/151) and discussed it with WG members; no further objections
* Lots of progress in sub WG infrastructure SvCh. Further guidance necessary such that these can become part of the YAML single point of truth, from which the other technical artifacts (schema) are generated.
* New landing page https://gaia-x.gitlab.io/technical-committee/service-characteristics/v1.0/index.html ready to have multiple document versions.
* Fixed publication of technical artifacts at https://w3id.org/gaia-x/core. Agreed that these will eventually go into the Gaia-X Registry.
- WG Federation Services update
The group agreed about the FS Scenarios to be presented during the Summit in Paris: https://gitlab.com/gaia-x/technical-committee/federation-services/federation-services-core/-/blob/main/scenarios/scenario_01_GXFS_FR.md and there are further practical scenarios to be elaborated further as implementation patterns (to be streamlined in terms of terminology and functional components -> e.g. https://gitlab.com/gaia-x/technical-committee/federation-services/federation-services-core/-/merge_requests/6
- Agreement to have a new/first when it’s the case version of the following documents published before the Gaia-X Summit in November:
- Architecture Document
- Trust framework
- GXFS specs: IAM
- GXFS specs: Data Exchange
- GXFS specs: Self-description information model
- Feedback is beibg requested on the timeline for review and publication of the whitepaper prepared by the DSBC WG Technical.